"There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." - Ephesians 4:4-6
- We believe there is but one living, true, holy, God,
- We believe God is eternal with no beginning or end
- We believe that our God is infinite in love, power, wisdom, justice, and goodness
- We believe that God is the creator of all things visible and invisible and rules with gracious regard for the well being and salvation of humans
- We believe that in the unity of God there are three persons, of one substance, power and eternity-- Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
We Believe in the Trinity
God the Father"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures." - James 1:17
The book of Genesis begins by saying, "in the beginning God...". The sentence goes on to say that God created the heavens and the earth, but that first clause (in the beginning God) strikes at the heart of the mystery. Isaiah 45 says, "truly you are a God who hides Himself..." or as one hymn puts it "He hides Himself in light and darkness cannot find..."
Absolutely the concept of a deity is beyond the scope of our puny brains. This said, our amazing God desires a relationship with us. One of Jesus' main goals in His ministry upon earth was to show us the Father. God as Father had been used by prophets under the inspiration of Holy Spirit, but Jesus brought that home to us. Jesus used the "Father" imagery to express God's heart. The famous story of the Prodigal Son, describes the Father at home watching the horizon for His son who had left home to live riotously. When the Father sees the son He runs to the boy, embraces him, and rejoices in his return by re-establishing him in the family and throwing a party. The most famous scripture from the Bible is John 3:16. This passage declares that God so loved the world that He sent Jesus. In John 14, Jesus said to Phillip, "... when you have seen Me, you have seen the Father...". Jesus is the fullness of God in bodily form... (Colossians 1:19
"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all...." 1 Timothy 2:5
Jesus the Son
- We believe that Jesus was truly God and truly human.
- We believe Jesus is the Eternal Word made flesh and that He is of one substance with the Father
- We believe Jesus was begotten not made We believe Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary
- We believe that Jesus is the Messiah predicted by the prophets and that He came to earth to die an atoning death to redeem humans from their fallen state
- We believe that Jesus died, was buried, and rose from the dead
- We believe after His resurrection, He ascended into heaven to sit in His rightful place of power at the Father's right hand
- We believe in the soon return of Jesus
O sacred Head, now wounded,
with grief and shame weighed down,
Now scornfully surrounded
with thorns, Thine only crown;
How pale Thou art with anguish,
with sore abuse and scorn!
How does that visage languish,
which once was bright as morn!
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
- Third person of the Godhead
- Co-equal with the Father and the Son
- Guides, comforts, reveals, inspires believers concerning God and His purposes
- Births newness of life in the heart of every Christian
- Power and authority of God available to believers
- Is the source of signs and wonders in the church